Patil announces probe against IPS officer over "land deals"
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil on Wednesday announced that a high-level inquiry would be conducted into allegations about a senior IPS officer amassing massive wealth, much of it through land deals.
Patil made the announcement while replying to a query by Leader of Opposition Eknath Khadse, who claimed that while Krishna Prakash, now Additional Commissioner of police in Mumbai, was serving as SP, he had amassed large property.
While he was SP at Ahmednagar, the IPS officer bought two acre land there, three acre at Shirdi and also flats in Pune and Mumbai, Khadse alleged.
Krishna Prakash misused his position in these transactions, the BJP leader said and sought to know if he had obtained permission of the state government before buying the property.
Devendra Fadnavis of BJP said the state government was just whiling away time in pretext of inquiry against the IPS officer. "How could he get land near Shirdi airport for a mere one lakh, when the market rate was Rs 30 lakh," he said. The officer should be suspended, he added.
Patil said the inquiry would be conducted by additional DG level officer. The probe would be completed in three months and the report tabled in the House, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?