Patil appeals to NE people against leaving Maha
Nashik: Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil on Sunday assured foolproof security to the northeastern people in the state and appealed to them not to fall prey to rumours.
"Some rumour-mongers are trying to create panic using social media about impending attacks on northeast natives in the wake of Assam violence. But I appeal to them not to leave for their home states as the state government is committed towards providing security to them and is standing firmly behind them," Patil said.
He was speaking to reporters after holding a security review meeting of senior police officers after attending a private function.
When asked about the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) holding a morcha in Mumbai on August 21 seeking his and Mumbai police chief Arup Patnaik`s resignation over recent violence at a rally organised to condemn Assam violence, Patil said, "everybody has right to air his views in democracy. But the government will not let anyone take law in hand".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!