Pawar brokers "truce" between bickering NCP leaders
Mumbai: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar today initiated a "patch up" between squabbling party leaders from Konkan, state NCP president Bhaskar Jadhav and Raigad guardian minister Sunil Tatkare.
"Pawar saheb explained to us that our staying united will lead to party`s growth in the region," Jadhav said, after the party chief held a meeting with senior leaders, including the duo.
"There is a reason behind everything. We all should observe a lakshman rekha. I concede that the bickering, which are bound to be there in any party, should not have been made public," Jadhav said.
Tatkare, Maharashtra water resources minister, said, "there are sometimes some misunderstandings... The party leadership put its views before us."
"The party leadership said we have to strengthen NCP not only in Konkan but also in rest of Maharashtra," he said.
"The effect of the understanding reached today will surely be reflected at the party organisation and worker level," he said.
"In the next elections, we will show the outcome through poll results," Tatkare said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!