Pawar brokers "truce" between bickering NCP leaders
Mumbai: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar today initiated a "patch up" between squabbling party leaders from Konkan, state NCP president Bhaskar Jadhav and Raigad guardian minister Sunil Tatkare.
"Pawar saheb explained to us that our staying united will lead to party`s growth in the region," Jadhav said, after the party chief held a meeting with senior leaders, including the duo.
"There is a reason behind everything. We all should observe a lakshman rekha. I concede that the bickering, which are bound to be there in any party, should not have been made public," Jadhav said.
Tatkare, Maharashtra water resources minister, said, "there are sometimes some misunderstandings... The party leadership put its views before us."
"The party leadership said we have to strengthen NCP not only in Konkan but also in rest of Maharashtra," he said.
"The effect of the understanding reached today will surely be reflected at the party organisation and worker level," he said.
"In the next elections, we will show the outcome through poll results," Tatkare said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad