Pawar gave strong message by making me minister: Tariq
Patna: Union Minister Tariq Anwar on Thursday said NCP president Sharad Pawar has sent a "strong message" to those targeting migrants from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, by making him a Union Minister.
"Pawar saheb has given a strong message to people spreading hatred by targeting migrants from Bihar and Eastern Uttar Pradesh in Maharashtra," Anwar, who hails from Bihar but is NCP Rajya Sabha member from Maharashtra, told reporters here.
In reply to a question that people from Bihar were celebrating his induction in the Union cabinet though he was an MP from Maharashtra, Anwar, who left the Congress to float Nationalist Congress Party with Pawar, said "I am no borrowed player for Bihar as the state is my janambhoomi (birth place) as well as karambhoomi (work place)."
Anwar, who met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, accused that "development is visible only in advertisements of the state government in newspapers and magazines ... Not much development can be seen at the grassroots level."
Stating that there was enough space for NCP to strengthen its position in Bihar, Anwar said he would tour the state to broaden the party support base.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list