Pawar gave strong message by making me minister: Tariq
Patna: Union Minister Tariq Anwar on Thursday said NCP president Sharad Pawar has sent a "strong message" to those targeting migrants from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, by making him a Union Minister.
"Pawar saheb has given a strong message to people spreading hatred by targeting migrants from Bihar and Eastern Uttar Pradesh in Maharashtra," Anwar, who hails from Bihar but is NCP Rajya Sabha member from Maharashtra, told reporters here.
In reply to a question that people from Bihar were celebrating his induction in the Union cabinet though he was an MP from Maharashtra, Anwar, who left the Congress to float Nationalist Congress Party with Pawar, said "I am no borrowed player for Bihar as the state is my janambhoomi (birth place) as well as karambhoomi (work place)."
Anwar, who met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, accused that "development is visible only in advertisements of the state government in newspapers and magazines ... Not much development can be seen at the grassroots level."
Stating that there was enough space for NCP to strengthen its position in Bihar, Anwar said he would tour the state to broaden the party support base.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan