Pawar granted many favours to Balwa: Uddhav
Mumbai: Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav
Thackeray on Friday alleged that tainted D B Realty managing
director Shahid Balwa was granted many favours by Union
Agriculture Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar.
"The relations between Vinod Goenka and Pawar are world
known. Balwa`s capacity to run the aviation services is due to
Pawar. Balwa got his land deals, hotels and redevelopment
project of Bandra government colony because of Pawar," he
"It is not a question of who travelled by Balwa`s flight
(Eon Aviation air services, a subsidiary of D B Realty)
but the question is who travelled with Balwa," he said.
Pawar has consistently denied having any links with
Thackeray lashed out at Maharashtra Home Minister R R
Patil for claiming that NCP leaders used the services of Balwa
owned aviation company not without paying money.
"He has all the information on who travelled on Balwa`s
flight. But the same Home Minister was not aware of 26/11
terror attacks on the city which killed over 200 innocents."
Leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Assembly Eknath
Khadse yesterday alleged in the House that Pawar had travelled
with Balwa to Dubai.
Replying to Khadse`s allegations, Patil had said that his
party NCP had utilised?the Eon Aviation services, for air
travels of its leaders including Pawar but before Balwa`s role
in the 2G Spectrum scam came to light.
BJP leaders Gopinath Munde, Kirit Somaiya, Venkaiah Naidu
used the company`s services in 2009-10 and payments were made
after Balwa`s arrest on February 22, 2011, Patil claimed.
Uddhav Thackeray has used the company plane for his
travels all over the state since 2009 but not a single penny
has been paid, he had further claimed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani