Pawar granted many favours to Balwa: Uddhav
Mumbai: Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav
Thackeray on Friday alleged that tainted D B Realty managing
director Shahid Balwa was granted many favours by Union
Agriculture Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar.
"The relations between Vinod Goenka and Pawar are world
known. Balwa`s capacity to run the aviation services is due to
Pawar. Balwa got his land deals, hotels and redevelopment
project of Bandra government colony because of Pawar," he
"It is not a question of who travelled by Balwa`s flight
(Eon Aviation air services, a subsidiary of D B Realty)
but the question is who travelled with Balwa," he said.
Pawar has consistently denied having any links with
Thackeray lashed out at Maharashtra Home Minister R R
Patil for claiming that NCP leaders used the services of Balwa
owned aviation company not without paying money.
"He has all the information on who travelled on Balwa`s
flight. But the same Home Minister was not aware of 26/11
terror attacks on the city which killed over 200 innocents."
Leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Assembly Eknath
Khadse yesterday alleged in the House that Pawar had travelled
with Balwa to Dubai.
Replying to Khadse`s allegations, Patil had said that his
party NCP had utilised?the Eon Aviation services, for air
travels of its leaders including Pawar but before Balwa`s role
in the 2G Spectrum scam came to light.
BJP leaders Gopinath Munde, Kirit Somaiya, Venkaiah Naidu
used the company`s services in 2009-10 and payments were made
after Balwa`s arrest on February 22, 2011, Patil claimed.
Uddhav Thackeray has used the company plane for his
travels all over the state since 2009 but not a single penny
has been paid, he had further claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites