Pawar has quiet birthday at home after hospitalisation
Mumbai: NCP chief Sharad Pawar, who was recently admitted to a city hospital, today spent his 72nd birthday at his residence here, meeting family members and top party leaders.
"Pawar saheb reached home this morning from the Breach Candy hospital," senior NCP leader Madan Bafna told PTI.
Those who met Pawar included Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, Home Minister R R Patil, PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, Assembly Speaker Dilip Walse Patil and NCP state chief Madhukar Pichad, he said.
Pawar has asked the senior NCP leaders to hold a meeting with Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan after the ongoing winter session of Legislature and discuss issues like acute water shortage in the state, Bafna said.
Pawar underwent a surgical procedure at Breach Candy Hospital on Monday and was under supervision of onco-surgeon Dr Sultan Pradhan, who has been Pawar`s doctor since the leader`s oral cancer was detected in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill