Pawar only trying to pressurise Congress: Munde
Mumbai: BJP on Friday dismissed the reports of a meeting between Union Minister Sharad Pawar and Narendra Modi in Delhi, and suggested it was a part of NCP Chief`s tactics to put pressure on Congress before the seat-sharing talks.
"I have no information about the meeting between Modi and Pawar," senior party leader Gopinath Munde said, talking to reporters here while commenting on a front-page report in a Marathi daily.
He further said it was a pressure tactic by Pawar to get more seats from the Congress for Lok Sabha. "No discussion has taken place with NCP. We cannot reach any compromise with the NCP. We (Shiv Sena, BJP, RPI, Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatana and Rashtriya Samaj Party) are enough to win the elections on our own. We do not need a new alliance partner," Munde said.
Munde also said that senior NCP leader Praful Patel need not show any "sympathy" towards Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral