Pawar only trying to pressurise Congress: Munde
Mumbai: BJP on Friday dismissed the reports of a meeting between Union Minister Sharad Pawar and Narendra Modi in Delhi, and suggested it was a part of NCP Chief`s tactics to put pressure on Congress before the seat-sharing talks.
"I have no information about the meeting between Modi and Pawar," senior party leader Gopinath Munde said, talking to reporters here while commenting on a front-page report in a Marathi daily.
He further said it was a pressure tactic by Pawar to get more seats from the Congress for Lok Sabha. "No discussion has taken place with NCP. We cannot reach any compromise with the NCP. We (Shiv Sena, BJP, RPI, Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatana and Rashtriya Samaj Party) are enough to win the elections on our own. We do not need a new alliance partner," Munde said.
Munde also said that senior NCP leader Praful Patel need not show any "sympathy" towards Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre