Pawar only trying to pressurise Congress: Munde
Mumbai: BJP on Friday dismissed the reports of a meeting between Union Minister Sharad Pawar and Narendra Modi in Delhi, and suggested it was a part of NCP Chief`s tactics to put pressure on Congress before the seat-sharing talks.
"I have no information about the meeting between Modi and Pawar," senior party leader Gopinath Munde said, talking to reporters here while commenting on a front-page report in a Marathi daily.
He further said it was a pressure tactic by Pawar to get more seats from the Congress for Lok Sabha. "No discussion has taken place with NCP. We cannot reach any compromise with the NCP. We (Shiv Sena, BJP, RPI, Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatana and Rashtriya Samaj Party) are enough to win the elections on our own. We do not need a new alliance partner," Munde said.
Munde also said that senior NCP leader Praful Patel need not show any "sympathy" towards Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!