Pawar only trying to pressurise Congress: Munde
Mumbai: BJP on Friday dismissed the reports of a meeting between Union Minister Sharad Pawar and Narendra Modi in Delhi, and suggested it was a part of NCP Chief`s tactics to put pressure on Congress before the seat-sharing talks.
"I have no information about the meeting between Modi and Pawar," senior party leader Gopinath Munde said, talking to reporters here while commenting on a front-page report in a Marathi daily.
He further said it was a pressure tactic by Pawar to get more seats from the Congress for Lok Sabha. "No discussion has taken place with NCP. We cannot reach any compromise with the NCP. We (Shiv Sena, BJP, RPI, Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatana and Rashtriya Samaj Party) are enough to win the elections on our own. We do not need a new alliance partner," Munde said.
Munde also said that senior NCP leader Praful Patel need not show any "sympathy" towards Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai