Pawar shares stage with Padamsinh Patil
Mumbai: NCP chief Sharad Pawar Saturday shared
stage with MP Padamsinh Patil, whom the party had suspended
from primary membership last year following his arrest in a
The MP was present in his capacity as local people`s
representative at the meeting of NCP workers in his
constituency Osmanabad, party spokesperson Madan Bafna said.
In his speech, Pawar told Patil`s son and former state
minister Rana Jagjitsingh, not to lose heart over his defeat
in the October Assembly poll.
The NCP disciplinary action committee decided to suspend
the Lok Sabha member from Osamanabad in Maharashtra from the
primary membership in June last year after he was arrested in
a double murder case.
The development had come three days after the arrest of
Patil by CBI in connection with the murder of Congress leader
Pawanraje Nimbalkar and his driver in 2006.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know