Pawar shares stage with Padamsinh Patil
Mumbai: NCP chief Sharad Pawar Saturday shared
stage with MP Padamsinh Patil, whom the party had suspended
from primary membership last year following his arrest in a
The MP was present in his capacity as local people`s
representative at the meeting of NCP workers in his
constituency Osmanabad, party spokesperson Madan Bafna said.
In his speech, Pawar told Patil`s son and former state
minister Rana Jagjitsingh, not to lose heart over his defeat
in the October Assembly poll.
The NCP disciplinary action committee decided to suspend
the Lok Sabha member from Osamanabad in Maharashtra from the
primary membership in June last year after he was arrested in
a double murder case.
The development had come three days after the arrest of
Patil by CBI in connection with the murder of Congress leader
Pawanraje Nimbalkar and his driver in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'