Pawar shares stage with Padamsinh Patil
Mumbai: NCP chief Sharad Pawar Saturday shared
stage with MP Padamsinh Patil, whom the party had suspended
from primary membership last year following his arrest in a
The MP was present in his capacity as local people`s
representative at the meeting of NCP workers in his
constituency Osmanabad, party spokesperson Madan Bafna said.
In his speech, Pawar told Patil`s son and former state
minister Rana Jagjitsingh, not to lose heart over his defeat
in the October Assembly poll.
The NCP disciplinary action committee decided to suspend
the Lok Sabha member from Osamanabad in Maharashtra from the
primary membership in June last year after he was arrested in
a double murder case.
The development had come three days after the arrest of
Patil by CBI in connection with the murder of Congress leader
Pawanraje Nimbalkar and his driver in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa