Pawar should show courage to follow Mamata`s suit: Munde
Mumbai: BJP deputy Leader in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde on Thursday said NCP chief Sharad Pawar should show "courage" to withdraw support to UPA government like his Trinamool Congress counterpart Mamata Banerjee.
"Mamata Banerjee showed the courage to pullout of the UPA, similarly NCP chief Sharad Pawar should also show the courage," Munde told a press conference.
The UPA partners always complain of being not taken into confidence before any policy decision is taken by Centre, they should now stop making complaints and take some action, he said.
Munde said the NDA will scrap the Centre`s decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail if elected to power.
"Leave alone the people, the government does not even take the alliance partners into confidence while taking major decisions," he added.
Criticising Congress for "lacking in conviction", Munde said, "If any good decision is taken they (Congress) take the credit. However, if anything bad happens they blame Pawar and alliance partners for it".
Slamming Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil for "excessive" police bandobast for today`s bandh, Munde said had such security measures been put in place during the August 11 protest rally, the incident could have been averted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka