Pawar should show courage to follow Mamata`s suit: Munde
Mumbai: BJP deputy Leader in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde on Thursday said NCP chief Sharad Pawar should show "courage" to withdraw support to UPA government like his Trinamool Congress counterpart Mamata Banerjee.
"Mamata Banerjee showed the courage to pullout of the UPA, similarly NCP chief Sharad Pawar should also show the courage," Munde told a press conference.
The UPA partners always complain of being not taken into confidence before any policy decision is taken by Centre, they should now stop making complaints and take some action, he said.
Munde said the NDA will scrap the Centre`s decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail if elected to power.
"Leave alone the people, the government does not even take the alliance partners into confidence while taking major decisions," he added.
Criticising Congress for "lacking in conviction", Munde said, "If any good decision is taken they (Congress) take the credit. However, if anything bad happens they blame Pawar and alliance partners for it".
Slamming Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil for "excessive" police bandobast for today`s bandh, Munde said had such security measures been put in place during the August 11 protest rally, the incident could have been averted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof