Pawar takes stock ahead of polls to 5 civic bodies
Mumbai: Union Agriculture Minister and
NCP chief Sharad Pawar on Saturday discussed with the party`s senior
leaders the outfit`s preparedness ahead of the organisational
elections and the April 15 polls to five municipal
Maharashtra NCP chief Madhukar Pichad, Deputy Chief
Minister Ajit Pawar, Home Minister R R Patil were prominent
among those who attended the meeting held at Pawar`s
Party sources said discussions revolved around the
preparations and strategy for the elections to be held on
April 15 for five municipal corporations of Latur,
Bhiwandi-Nizampur, Malegaon, Chandrapur and Parbhani.
Congress has already declared that it will go alone in
these elections and not align with NCP.
The process of organisational elections in the party
will start on April 19 and end in the third week of May with
the election of the national president, sources added.
The meeting took place in the backdrop of Congress
accusing NCP of backtracking on the promise of supporting
it in the recently-held Zilla Parishad presidents` elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?