Pawar takes stock ahead of polls to 5 civic bodies
Mumbai: Union Agriculture Minister and
NCP chief Sharad Pawar on Saturday discussed with the party`s senior
leaders the outfit`s preparedness ahead of the organisational
elections and the April 15 polls to five municipal
Maharashtra NCP chief Madhukar Pichad, Deputy Chief
Minister Ajit Pawar, Home Minister R R Patil were prominent
among those who attended the meeting held at Pawar`s
Party sources said discussions revolved around the
preparations and strategy for the elections to be held on
April 15 for five municipal corporations of Latur,
Bhiwandi-Nizampur, Malegaon, Chandrapur and Parbhani.
Congress has already declared that it will go alone in
these elections and not align with NCP.
The process of organisational elections in the party
will start on April 19 and end in the third week of May with
the election of the national president, sources added.
The meeting took place in the backdrop of Congress
accusing NCP of backtracking on the promise of supporting
it in the recently-held Zilla Parishad presidents` elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa