Pawar taunts Maharashtra Congress chief
Mumbai: NCP chief Sharad Pawar on Sunday launched a veiled attack on MPCC chief Manikrao Thakre over the latter`s remarks about those in the NCP having criminal links.
"If NCP is a party of goondas, what are you doing with us for all these years," Pawar said.
He was speaking at a sugar factory function in western Maharashtra`s Satara district from where, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan also hails.
There has been an ongoing verbal slugfest between NCP and Congress leaders for the last few days. It started with NCP leader R R Patil, who is also the Home Minister, flaying Congress leaders over their criminal links.
Thakre had responded to Patil`s comments saying if a census was to be taken of party with maximum members with criminal links, then NCP would top it.
Speaking at Pandharpur today, NCP leader Ajit Pawar also flayed Congress leaders for attacking NCP.
"Congress should desist from ridiculing the NCP," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH