Pawar taunts Maharashtra Congress chief
Mumbai: NCP chief Sharad Pawar on Sunday launched a veiled attack on MPCC chief Manikrao Thakre over the latter`s remarks about those in the NCP having criminal links.
"If NCP is a party of goondas, what are you doing with us for all these years," Pawar said.
He was speaking at a sugar factory function in western Maharashtra`s Satara district from where, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan also hails.
There has been an ongoing verbal slugfest between NCP and Congress leaders for the last few days. It started with NCP leader R R Patil, who is also the Home Minister, flaying Congress leaders over their criminal links.
Thakre had responded to Patil`s comments saying if a census was to be taken of party with maximum members with criminal links, then NCP would top it.
Speaking at Pandharpur today, NCP leader Ajit Pawar also flayed Congress leaders for attacking NCP.
"Congress should desist from ridiculing the NCP," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof