Pawar to launch slew of civic projects in Thane
Thane: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar will be on a whirlwind tour of Thane on May 19 when he will attend over a dozen programmes, most of which meant to launch various civic projects at Mumbra, Kausa and Kalwa.
Local NCP MLA Jitendra Awhad said that Pawar would travel by a local train while going from Mumbra to Kalwa.
Among the programmes to be attended by Pawar include the inauguration of the 56-feet tall welcome gate at Mumbra railway station. By the side of the gate is installed a Patten Tank used in the 1971 war.
Pawar will also inaugurate Creek View park, Buddha Hall, Babasaheb Ambedkar Library, a market, a senior citizens` centre among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review