Pawar to launch slew of civic projects in Thane
Thane: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar will be on a whirlwind tour of Thane on May 19 when he will attend over a dozen programmes, most of which meant to launch various civic projects at Mumbra, Kausa and Kalwa.
Local NCP MLA Jitendra Awhad said that Pawar would travel by a local train while going from Mumbra to Kalwa.
Among the programmes to be attended by Pawar include the inauguration of the 56-feet tall welcome gate at Mumbra railway station. By the side of the gate is installed a Patten Tank used in the 1971 war.
Pawar will also inaugurate Creek View park, Buddha Hall, Babasaheb Ambedkar Library, a market, a senior citizens` centre among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Raghuram Rajan, Arvind Subramanian 'foisted' on India by Americans: Swamy
- Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy terms burkini as 'provocation' that supports radical Islam
- Being obese can cause 13 types of cancer, say scientists
- All you want to know about Krishna Janmashtami: Muhurat, puja vidhi and timings!
- Tillakaratne Dilshan to retire from international cricket after 3rd ODI, two T20Is against Australia