Pawar to launch slew of civic projects in Thane
Thane: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar will be on a whirlwind tour of Thane on May 19 when he will attend over a dozen programmes, most of which meant to launch various civic projects at Mumbra, Kausa and Kalwa.
Local NCP MLA Jitendra Awhad said that Pawar would travel by a local train while going from Mumbra to Kalwa.
Among the programmes to be attended by Pawar include the inauguration of the 56-feet tall welcome gate at Mumbra railway station. By the side of the gate is installed a Patten Tank used in the 1971 war.
Pawar will also inaugurate Creek View park, Buddha Hall, Babasaheb Ambedkar Library, a market, a senior citizens` centre among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach