Pawar to launch slew of civic projects in Thane
Thane: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar will be on a whirlwind tour of Thane on May 19 when he will attend over a dozen programmes, most of which meant to launch various civic projects at Mumbra, Kausa and Kalwa.
Local NCP MLA Jitendra Awhad said that Pawar would travel by a local train while going from Mumbra to Kalwa.
Among the programmes to be attended by Pawar include the inauguration of the 56-feet tall welcome gate at Mumbra railway station. By the side of the gate is installed a Patten Tank used in the 1971 war.
Pawar will also inaugurate Creek View park, Buddha Hall, Babasaheb Ambedkar Library, a market, a senior citizens` centre among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it