Pawar to undertake Maharashtra tour
Thane (Mah): NCP chief Sharad Pawar will soon undertake a tour of Maharashtra to assess the party`s preparation in the state ahead of the next general elections.
This was announced by Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar yesterday while addressing a rally of elected representatives and party office bearers here.
He said the party was making every effort to reach the common man and the recent drive of Yuvati Congress, undertaken by Supriya Sule was in that direction.
Similarly, Pawar saheb will soon undertake tour of the entire state to gauge the party`s strength and boost the cadre for poll preparations. His itinerary was being finalised by the party state unit, the Dy CM said.
Ajit Pawar also gave a yeomen call to his party men to be set for elections and tell people about the good work done by the NCP.
"Any elections may come any time now and hence you should be well prepared for face them. You should not be caught napping," he said.
He listed various populous measures taken up by the Congress-NCP government and said that it was committed to welfare the citizens.
He said the Rajiv Gandhi Jivdai Yojana was one example where several thousand people could be benefited and plans are to cover nearly two crore families in the state in the coming days.
Pawar also said that the issue of power supply in Mumbra, Kalwa Kharigaon was discussed with him recently by local leaders.
"I want you to totally eradicate leakages and power thefts.
Soon the state will introduce a system by which the Power Headquarters at Prakash Ghad will come to know the status of the power meters at your residence," he said.
He urged the corporators of controversy-ridden Thane Municipal Corporation to allow its functioning smoothly or else warned them of action.
Earlier, when he arrived in the city, MLA and City President Jitendra Awhad welcomed the DCM by travelling in a `tonga` to indicate that he was protesting against the diesel price rise and the restrictions on LPG cylinders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video