Pawar to undertake Maharashtra tour
Thane (Maha): NCP chief Sharad Pawar will soon undertake a tour of Maharashtra to assess the party`s preparation in the state ahead of the next general elections.
This was announced by Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar yesterday while addressing a rally of elected representatives and party office bearers here.
He said the party was making every effort to reach the common man and the recent drive of Yuvati Congress, undertaken by Supriya Sule was in that direction.
Similarly, Pawar saheb will soon undertake tour of the entire state to gauge the party`s strength and boost the cadre for poll preparations.
His itinerary was being finalised by the party state unit, the Dy CM said.
Ajit Pawar also gave a yeomen call to his party men to be set for elections and tell people about the good work done by the NCP.
"Any elections may come any time now and hence you should be well prepared for face them. You should not be caught napping," he said.
He listed various populous measures taken up by the Congress-NCP government and said that it was committed to welfare the citizens.
He said the Rajiv Gandhi Jivdai Yojana was one example where several thousand people could be benefited and plans are to cover nearly two crore families in the state in the coming days.
Pawar also said that the issue of power supply in Mumbra, Kalwa Kharigaon was discussed with him recently by local leaders.
"I want you to totally eradicate leakages and power thefts. Soon the state will introduce a system by which the Power Headquarters at Prakash Ghad will come to know the status of the power meters at your residence," he said.
He urged the corporators of controversy-ridden Thane Municipal Corporation to allow its functioning smoothly or else warned them of action.
Earlier, when he arrived in the city, MLA and City President Jitendra Awhad welcomed the DCM by travelling in a `tonga` to indicate that he was protesting against the diesel price rise and the restrictions on LPG cylinders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday