Pawars were in the loop about irrigation white paper: Prithviraj Chavan
Pune: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Monday said the decision to issue a white paper on the state irrigation department`s projects was taken after consultations with NCP president Sharad Pawar, Union Minister Praful Patel and also Ajit Pawar.
"A discussion was held with Sharad Pawar, Praful Patel and Ajit Pawar on what is to be done in the matter," Chavan told reporters here, when asked on his former deputy Ajit Pawar`s reported statement that why only irrigation department was being singled out, since other ministries too were involved in implementation of the projects.
"It will not be proper to make a public comment on the issue," he added.
Chavan also refused to comment on Ajit Pawar`s statement that the allegations against him were aimed at diverting attention from the "coalgate" scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today
- Here's what kept Abhay Deol away from silver screen for two years!