Pay extra from Apr 1 for Bandra-Worli Sea Link
Mumbai: Travelling on iconic Bandra-Worli
Sea Link will become costlier as the Maharashtra State Road
Development Corporation (MSRDC) has decided to hike the toll
charges by 6-10 per cent for all vehicular categories from Saturday night.
This is for the first time that the state road
development authority has revised the toll charges since the
5.6 km-long link was thrown open for vehicular traffic in July
"Since the commencement of operations on the sea link
in 2009, we had not revised the toll charges. As per the
government notification, we have revised the charges after
three years. The new rates will be applicable till March 31,
2015," a senior MSRDC official said.
While the toll rates for cars, jeeps etc will increase
by Rs five to Rs 55 from current Rs 50, heavy vehicles,
including buses and trucks, will have to shell out Rs 10 extra
over Rs 100 they are paying.
In case of mini-buses, the rates have been increased
by over 6 per cent from Rs 75 to Rs 80.
MEP Toll Road, which had earlier bagged the contract
for collecting toll, will continue to do so for the next three
years, a company official said.
"We have been informed by the MSRDC about the increase
in toll charges. We will start collecting the revised toll
from April 1," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?