Pay extra from Apr 1 for Bandra-Worli Sea Link
Mumbai: Travelling on iconic Bandra-Worli
Sea Link will become costlier as the Maharashtra State Road
Development Corporation (MSRDC) has decided to hike the toll
charges by 6-10 per cent for all vehicular categories from Saturday night.
This is for the first time that the state road
development authority has revised the toll charges since the
5.6 km-long link was thrown open for vehicular traffic in July
"Since the commencement of operations on the sea link
in 2009, we had not revised the toll charges. As per the
government notification, we have revised the charges after
three years. The new rates will be applicable till March 31,
2015," a senior MSRDC official said.
While the toll rates for cars, jeeps etc will increase
by Rs five to Rs 55 from current Rs 50, heavy vehicles,
including buses and trucks, will have to shell out Rs 10 extra
over Rs 100 they are paying.
In case of mini-buses, the rates have been increased
by over 6 per cent from Rs 75 to Rs 80.
MEP Toll Road, which had earlier bagged the contract
for collecting toll, will continue to do so for the next three
years, a company official said.
"We have been informed by the MSRDC about the increase
in toll charges. We will start collecting the revised toll
from April 1," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi