PC would be in jail if there was Jan Lokpal: Anna
Mumbai: In the midst of fresh controversy
in the 2-G spectrum case, anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare
on Friday said Home Minister P Chidambaram would have been behind
bars had the Jan Lokpal legislation been in existence.
"Had there been a Jan Lokpal now, Chidambaram would
have been in jail," Hazare, who earlier branded the Union
Home Minister as a "mischievous person", said.
Chidambaram would have to "go home" in the 2G scam, Hazare
said at his village Ralegan Siddhi in Ahmednagar district.
"Chidambaram is `khodsal` (a Marathi word which means
a mischievous or a dishonest person)," the Gandhian had
alleged soon after returning to his village this month while
giving an account of his arrest and release in Delhi ahead of
his fast on Jan Lokpal issue.
Chidambaram is facing heat from a united opposition which
has pressed for his resignation and a CBI probe over his stand
in the controversial 2G spectrum allocation after a Finance
Ministry note to the Prime Minister`s office(PMO) was
submitted to the Supreme Court by Janata Party leader
The note suggested that the 2G scam could have been
averted if the Finance Ministry, then under Chidambaram, had
insisted on spectrum allocation through auction.
The government and Congress have stoutly defended
Chidambaram asserting that his integrity is not in doubt
and there is no question mark over his conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears