PC would be in jail if there was Jan Lokpal: Anna
Mumbai: In the midst of fresh controversy
in the 2-G spectrum case, anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare
on Friday said Home Minister P Chidambaram would have been behind
bars had the Jan Lokpal legislation been in existence.
"Had there been a Jan Lokpal now, Chidambaram would
have been in jail," Hazare, who earlier branded the Union
Home Minister as a "mischievous person", said.
Chidambaram would have to "go home" in the 2G scam, Hazare
said at his village Ralegan Siddhi in Ahmednagar district.
"Chidambaram is `khodsal` (a Marathi word which means
a mischievous or a dishonest person)," the Gandhian had
alleged soon after returning to his village this month while
giving an account of his arrest and release in Delhi ahead of
his fast on Jan Lokpal issue.
Chidambaram is facing heat from a united opposition which
has pressed for his resignation and a CBI probe over his stand
in the controversial 2G spectrum allocation after a Finance
Ministry note to the Prime Minister`s office(PMO) was
submitted to the Supreme Court by Janata Party leader
The note suggested that the 2G scam could have been
averted if the Finance Ministry, then under Chidambaram, had
insisted on spectrum allocation through auction.
The government and Congress have stoutly defended
Chidambaram asserting that his integrity is not in doubt
and there is no question mark over his conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das