PC would be in jail if there was Jan Lokpal: Anna
Mumbai: In the midst of fresh controversy
in the 2-G spectrum case, anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare
on Friday said Home Minister P Chidambaram would have been behind
bars had the Jan Lokpal legislation been in existence.
"Had there been a Jan Lokpal now, Chidambaram would
have been in jail," Hazare, who earlier branded the Union
Home Minister as a "mischievous person", said.
Chidambaram would have to "go home" in the 2G scam, Hazare
said at his village Ralegan Siddhi in Ahmednagar district.
"Chidambaram is `khodsal` (a Marathi word which means
a mischievous or a dishonest person)," the Gandhian had
alleged soon after returning to his village this month while
giving an account of his arrest and release in Delhi ahead of
his fast on Jan Lokpal issue.
Chidambaram is facing heat from a united opposition which
has pressed for his resignation and a CBI probe over his stand
in the controversial 2G spectrum allocation after a Finance
Ministry note to the Prime Minister`s office(PMO) was
submitted to the Supreme Court by Janata Party leader
The note suggested that the 2G scam could have been
averted if the Finance Ministry, then under Chidambaram, had
insisted on spectrum allocation through auction.
The government and Congress have stoutly defended
Chidambaram asserting that his integrity is not in doubt
and there is no question mark over his conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Oops! Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah gets kissed by woman in public — Watch video
- Iraqi army declares Fallujah fully liberated from Islamic State
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more
- How al Qaeda radicalises youth and trains them, reveals arrested militant leader
- Government allows airlines to import up to 18 year old planes