PCMC should grant subsidy to auto-rickshaw drivers: Pawar
Pune: Deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar said that the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) should provide subsidy for installing Compressed Natural gas (CNG) kits in auto-rickshaws.
He was speaking to the civic officials at a meeting with the auto-rickshaws unions on Friday.
Auto-rickshaw Chalak Malak Sanghatana (owners and drivers) action committee general secretory Baba Kamble said, “The meeting was organised on different pending issues of auto-rickshaw unions. The committee has demanded that PCMC should give subsidy for installation of CNG kits in auto-rickshaw.”
“The pump owners get 60 paise per litre CNG as a commission. If the commission is increased, more petrol pump owners will install CNG pumps,” said a member.
Transport commissioner Vitthal More, district collector Vikas Deshmukh, Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) commissioner Mahesh Pathak, additional commissioner of PCMC Tanaji Shinde, city engineer Mahaveer Kamble, Maharashtra Natural Gas Limited (MNGL) managing director BN Gosai, director CK Jain, deputy commissioner of police (traffic) Vishwas Pandhre and regional transport officer Arun Yeola were present at the meeting.
Kamble said that the officials of MNGL have in principle accepted the demand after deputy chief minister asked them to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi