PCMC should grant subsidy to auto-rickshaw drivers: Pawar
Pune: Deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar said that the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) should provide subsidy for installing Compressed Natural gas (CNG) kits in auto-rickshaws.
He was speaking to the civic officials at a meeting with the auto-rickshaws unions on Friday.
Auto-rickshaw Chalak Malak Sanghatana (owners and drivers) action committee general secretory Baba Kamble said, “The meeting was organised on different pending issues of auto-rickshaw unions. The committee has demanded that PCMC should give subsidy for installation of CNG kits in auto-rickshaw.”
“The pump owners get 60 paise per litre CNG as a commission. If the commission is increased, more petrol pump owners will install CNG pumps,” said a member.
Transport commissioner Vitthal More, district collector Vikas Deshmukh, Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) commissioner Mahesh Pathak, additional commissioner of PCMC Tanaji Shinde, city engineer Mahaveer Kamble, Maharashtra Natural Gas Limited (MNGL) managing director BN Gosai, director CK Jain, deputy commissioner of police (traffic) Vishwas Pandhre and regional transport officer Arun Yeola were present at the meeting.
Kamble said that the officials of MNGL have in principle accepted the demand after deputy chief minister asked them to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- Bodo outfits to restart statehood movement on August 30