PCMC should grant subsidy to auto-rickshaw drivers: Pawar
Pune: Deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar said that the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) should provide subsidy for installing Compressed Natural gas (CNG) kits in auto-rickshaws.
He was speaking to the civic officials at a meeting with the auto-rickshaws unions on Friday.
Auto-rickshaw Chalak Malak Sanghatana (owners and drivers) action committee general secretory Baba Kamble said, “The meeting was organised on different pending issues of auto-rickshaw unions. The committee has demanded that PCMC should give subsidy for installation of CNG kits in auto-rickshaw.”
“The pump owners get 60 paise per litre CNG as a commission. If the commission is increased, more petrol pump owners will install CNG pumps,” said a member.
Transport commissioner Vitthal More, district collector Vikas Deshmukh, Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) commissioner Mahesh Pathak, additional commissioner of PCMC Tanaji Shinde, city engineer Mahaveer Kamble, Maharashtra Natural Gas Limited (MNGL) managing director BN Gosai, director CK Jain, deputy commissioner of police (traffic) Vishwas Pandhre and regional transport officer Arun Yeola were present at the meeting.
Kamble said that the officials of MNGL have in principle accepted the demand after deputy chief minister asked them to do so.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Mamata Banerjee trying to influence polls with police help: CPI-M
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours
- Apple will not be selling used iPhones in India
- Book auto rides on Jugnoo via Facebook messenger through these easy steps
- Find out: What Sunrisers Hyderabad's Yuvraj Singh is doing before his first IPL 9 game