PCMC should grant subsidy to auto-rickshaw drivers: Pawar
Pune: Deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar said that the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) should provide subsidy for installing Compressed Natural gas (CNG) kits in auto-rickshaws.
He was speaking to the civic officials at a meeting with the auto-rickshaws unions on Friday.
Auto-rickshaw Chalak Malak Sanghatana (owners and drivers) action committee general secretory Baba Kamble said, “The meeting was organised on different pending issues of auto-rickshaw unions. The committee has demanded that PCMC should give subsidy for installation of CNG kits in auto-rickshaw.”
“The pump owners get 60 paise per litre CNG as a commission. If the commission is increased, more petrol pump owners will install CNG pumps,” said a member.
Transport commissioner Vitthal More, district collector Vikas Deshmukh, Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) commissioner Mahesh Pathak, additional commissioner of PCMC Tanaji Shinde, city engineer Mahaveer Kamble, Maharashtra Natural Gas Limited (MNGL) managing director BN Gosai, director CK Jain, deputy commissioner of police (traffic) Vishwas Pandhre and regional transport officer Arun Yeola were present at the meeting.
Kamble said that the officials of MNGL have in principle accepted the demand after deputy chief minister asked them to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price