Peace march held in Mumbai on eve of 26/11 anniversary
Mumbai: A peace march was held in Mumbai to pay tribute to the victims ahead of the fourth anniversary of the 26/11 terror attacks.
Prominent among those participated in the march were Union minister of state for HRD Shashi Tharoor, Bollywood actress Mahima Chaudhary and American national Kia Scherr who lost her husband Alan and daughter Naomi during the bloodbath.
The walk started from Nariman Point, opposite Hotel Trident, in South Mumbai, which was one of the targets of terrorists, to Princess Street flyover.
"We paid homage to the victims of the attack. We are also happy over the execution of terrorist (Kasab). We pray todaythat never such an attack should take place anywhere in India and that the masterminds of the 26/11 are also punished,"actress Mahima Chaudhary said.
Scherr, who has made the island city her home since 2010, said the peace march would be the most appropriate response to not only honour the victims of the attack but also to share happiness over the hanging of Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab.
"True justice is restored when we join together as one unified whole to live in peace, compassion and love. An irritant has been removed from the city of Mumbai completing the unfinished chapter to the 26/11 tragedy," she told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical