Peace march held in Mumbai on eve of 26/11 anniversary
Mumbai: A peace march was held in Mumbai to pay tribute to the victims ahead of the fourth anniversary of the 26/11 terror attacks.
Prominent among those participated in the march were Union minister of state for HRD Shashi Tharoor, Bollywood actress Mahima Chaudhary and American national Kia Scherr who lost her husband Alan and daughter Naomi during the bloodbath.
The walk started from Nariman Point, opposite Hotel Trident, in South Mumbai, which was one of the targets of terrorists, to Princess Street flyover.
"We paid homage to the victims of the attack. We are also happy over the execution of terrorist (Kasab). We pray todaythat never such an attack should take place anywhere in India and that the masterminds of the 26/11 are also punished,"actress Mahima Chaudhary said.
Scherr, who has made the island city her home since 2010, said the peace march would be the most appropriate response to not only honour the victims of the attack but also to share happiness over the hanging of Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab.
"True justice is restored when we join together as one unified whole to live in peace, compassion and love. An irritant has been removed from the city of Mumbai completing the unfinished chapter to the 26/11 tragedy," she told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why