Petition alleges plot in Karkare death; Centre reply sought
Mumbai: Bombay High Court on Tuesday sought
reply from the Union Government on a petition alleging that a
conspiracy hatched by Hindu extremists led to the death of
former ATS chief Hemant Karkare during 26/11 terror attacks.
The petition seeks setting up of a special
investigation team to probe this angle. A Division bench of
Justices B H Marlapalle and Anup Mohta issued a notice to
Additional Solicitor General, the Centre`s representative,
seeking reply in four weeks.
Radhakant Yadav, a former MLA from Bihar, has filed
the petition. His contention is it was not Ajmal Kasab and Abu
Ismail -- the Pakistani terrorists -- who were responsible for
Karkare`s death in an ambush near Cama Hospital.
Abhinav Bharat, a right wing group whose name surfaced
during probe into the 2008 Malegaon bomb blast, wanted to "get
rid of Karkare". The IPS officer had solved the Malegaon case,
and was about to arrest some more people, the petition said.
It refers to a book written by former Inspector
General of Police S M Mushrif, titled `Who Killed Karkare`
which talks about a similar conspiracy-theory.
The petition alleges that Intelligence Bureau was
aware of November 26, 2008 attacks, and Abhinav Bharat, in
connivance with IB, launched a "parallel operation" at Cama
Hospital to kill Karkare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row