Phadanvis meets Athavale; discusses Sena-BJP-RPI alliance
Mumbai: Newly-appointed Maharashtra BJP president Devendra Phadanvis Wednesday met RPI leader Ramdas Athavale here and discussed the need to strengthen the Sena-BJP-RPI alliance ahead of the Lok Sabha and Assembly elections.
Phadanvis` visit came a day after Athavale asked allies Shiv Sena and BJP to give his party 35 seats for Assembly elections and at least 4 seats to contest Lok Sabha polls.
According to sources, Phadanvis told Athavale that the decision on seat-sharing for Lok Sabha elections will be taken by BJP`s Parliamentary Board.
Phadanvis is also learnt to have assured Athavale of taking his demand for induction in NDA forward to BJP`s central leadership.
Athavale`s RPI is a partner in the mega-alliance of Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI, which came into being about two years back, after the late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray mooted the idea of `Shiv Shakti-Bhim Shakti`.
Sources said that Phadanvis also stressed the need to strengthen the alliance in the state and hold joint programmes and meetings, as well as chalking out joint strategy, to oust the Congress-NCP coalition government which has been ruling the state for last 14 years.
Yesterday, Phadanvis met Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!