Pichad visits tribal areas in Thane
Thane: Former Maharashtra NCP chief Madhukar Pichad, who recently assumed charge as Tribal Development Minister of the state, visited tribal areas in the district.
Pichad undertook a tour of Bhiwandi, Wada, Vikramgadh, Jawhar, Mokhada and other tribal-dominated parts of the district yesterday and discussed development issues with the local tribals.
He told reporters that sufficient funds would be made available for the development of tribal communities in the state. "Ever since the tribal development department was set up, funds were not utilised to the maximum limit," he said.
Pichad assured that he would remain present for the District Planning and Development Committee (DPDC) meetings in Thane to discuss the issues of tribals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!