Pichad visits tribal areas in Thane
Thane: Former Maharashtra NCP chief Madhukar Pichad, who recently assumed charge as Tribal Development Minister of the state, visited tribal areas in the district.
Pichad undertook a tour of Bhiwandi, Wada, Vikramgadh, Jawhar, Mokhada and other tribal-dominated parts of the district yesterday and discussed development issues with the local tribals.
He told reporters that sufficient funds would be made available for the development of tribal communities in the state. "Ever since the tribal development department was set up, funds were not utilised to the maximum limit," he said.
Pichad assured that he would remain present for the District Planning and Development Committee (DPDC) meetings in Thane to discuss the issues of tribals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'