Pichad visits tribal areas in Thane
Thane: Former Maharashtra NCP chief Madhukar Pichad, who recently assumed charge as Tribal Development Minister of the state, visited tribal areas in the district.
Pichad undertook a tour of Bhiwandi, Wada, Vikramgadh, Jawhar, Mokhada and other tribal-dominated parts of the district yesterday and discussed development issues with the local tribals.
He told reporters that sufficient funds would be made available for the development of tribal communities in the state. "Ever since the tribal development department was set up, funds were not utilised to the maximum limit," he said.
Pichad assured that he would remain present for the District Planning and Development Committee (DPDC) meetings in Thane to discuss the issues of tribals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends