PIL against Tatkare withdrawn as HC refuses to hea
Mumbai: A PIL, seeking a CBI probe against Maharashtra Minister Sunil Tatkare and his family members for allegedly amassing assets disproportionate to their known sources of income, was on Monday withdrawn after the Bombay High Court said it was not inclined to entertain it.
A division bench of Justices S A Bobade and Mridula Bhatkar told the petitioner Rajendra Phanse, General Secretary of Thane-based political party `Dharmarajya Paksha`, that he should have gone to some forum to file a complaint before approaching the High Court.
The bench observed that the petitioner had options such as approaching an investigating agency or the government over the allegations, before moving the High Court.
Phanse alleged that Tatkare`s family members have acquired several properties in Raigad district during his tenure as a Cabinet minister.
Tatkare`s son Aniket and daughter Aditi are directors in 25 private companies, through which, over 250 acres of land was purchased at Dughadwadi and Ambivali in 2008-09, the petition alleged.
Phanse sought a CBI inquiry, claiming that as the Home Department is with NCP, to which, Tatkare belonged, the police would not conduct a fair investigation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark