PIL if Kendrekar does not get joining order: Anjali Damania
Beed (Maharashtra): Aam Aadmi Party leader Anjali Damania said that a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) would be filed in the Aurangabad bench of the Bombay High Court Friday, if District Collector Sunil Kendrekar does not get a joining order from the Chief Minister`s office by evening.
People of the district have come out in full support of Kendrekar who is being transferred, as all parties observed a shut down (bandh) which passed off peacefully except for a stray incident when a bus was damaged.
"I have talked with officials in the chief minister`s office regarding this issue and I have been told that that Kendrekar will get his joining order. Our signature campaign has managed to get 20,000 people`s signatures. If he does not get his joining order, we will file a PIL tomorrow," Aam Aadmi Party leader Anjali Damania said.
People in Beed district as well as leaders and activists of Congress, Shiv Sena, MNS, BJP and some social organisations participated in the bandh and took out a rally in the morning.
All parties participated except the NCP.
"We organised an all-party morcha at the district collector`s office, which was attended by about 1500 people," Advocate Ajit Deshmukh, president of the Anna Hazare-led Bhrashtachar Virodhi Jan Andolan said.
The Andolan will hold dharnas before every tehsil of the district if the Collector`s transfer is not cancelled, he said.
Last evening, there was rumour that Kendrekar`s transfer was cancelled and some people even distributed sweets to each other and burst crackers, but they were upset after they realised that it was only a rumour, Deshmukh said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!