PIL questions Ramni`s appointment as IT head
Shirdi/Mumbai: Alleging illegality, a PIL in Aurangabad Bench of Bombay High Court has challenged the appointment of K V Ramni as the head of Advisory Committee of IT department of Shri Sai Baba Sansthan, Shirdi.
Ramni is Managing Director of Shirdi Sai Baba Trust, Chennai, and is also considered an expert in computer technology.
Ramni had donated Rs 100 crores for construction of a tourist rest house `Sai Ashram` at Shirdi. He had requested allotment of seven per cent rooms to him. However, in October 2010, Shirdi`s Sai Baba Trust resolved to allot 20 rooms in the Ashram to Ramni, besides allowing him to open an office for his trust in the premises of Sai Ashram, the PIL alleged.
The PIL, filed by Shirdi residents, Sandeep Kulkarni and Uttamrao Shelke, has questioned the decision of Shirdi Sai Baba Sansthan to allow Ramni to start the office of his Chennai-based Shirdi Sai Baba Trust in `Sai Ashram` at Shirdi.
A Chennai-based firm, Cognizant Co Ltd, had entered into a Rs 21 crore contract on May 22, 2010 with Sai Baba Sansthan in Shirdi to develop `Sai Tech` Computerisation Project.
In this contract, Cognizant Co was to provide 37 different modules under BOT (build-operate-transfer) scheme by June 2011. However, till date, only five modules have been provided, the PIL alleged.
Although the company failed to provide the specified modules in time to the Sai Baba Sansthan, Ramni failed to take action against the company, the PIL contended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report