PIL questions Ramni`s appointment as IT head
Shirdi/Mumbai: Alleging illegality, a PIL in Aurangabad Bench of Bombay High Court has challenged the appointment of K V Ramni as the head of Advisory Committee of IT department of Shri Sai Baba Sansthan, Shirdi.
Ramni is Managing Director of Shirdi Sai Baba Trust, Chennai, and is also considered an expert in computer technology.
Ramni had donated Rs 100 crores for construction of a tourist rest house `Sai Ashram` at Shirdi. He had requested allotment of seven per cent rooms to him. However, in October 2010, Shirdi`s Sai Baba Trust resolved to allot 20 rooms in the Ashram to Ramni, besides allowing him to open an office for his trust in the premises of Sai Ashram, the PIL alleged.
The PIL, filed by Shirdi residents, Sandeep Kulkarni and Uttamrao Shelke, has questioned the decision of Shirdi Sai Baba Sansthan to allow Ramni to start the office of his Chennai-based Shirdi Sai Baba Trust in `Sai Ashram` at Shirdi.
A Chennai-based firm, Cognizant Co Ltd, had entered into a Rs 21 crore contract on May 22, 2010 with Sai Baba Sansthan in Shirdi to develop `Sai Tech` Computerisation Project.
In this contract, Cognizant Co was to provide 37 different modules under BOT (build-operate-transfer) scheme by June 2011. However, till date, only five modules have been provided, the PIL alleged.
Although the company failed to provide the specified modules in time to the Sai Baba Sansthan, Ramni failed to take action against the company, the PIL contended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Adele’s new song 'Send My Love' is so psychedelic that you'll break your replay button – Watch here
- PHOTO: Priceless reaction of David Warner's daughters when told they'll soon meet Daddy!
- IPL 9, Qualifier 1: Gujarat Lions vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - Preview
- IPL 2016: David Warner cannot stop praising Virat Kohli's unbelievable form in ninth edition
- Modi's Iran visit: India commits huge investment in Chabahar