PIL seeks ban on Sanatan Sanstha
Mumbai: A PIL has been filed in the Bombay
High Court, seeking a ban on Hindu right-wing organisation
Sanatan Sanstha over allegations that it is behind several
blasts in Maharashtra and Goa.
The PIL, filed by social activists from Raigad, has
sought a ban on the organisation, alleging that it indulges in
terrorist activities and has waged a war against the nation.
A division bench of Chief Justice Mohit Shah and Justice
Roshan Dalvi has asked the Maharashtra government to file its
reply on January 12, 2012.
The petition seeks the Sanstha trustees and office-
bearers be declared as "terrorism activists".
According to the petition, the organisation, which
preaches `Ishwari Rajya`, is against the principle of
It also alleges that the Sanstha practises Ericksonian
Hypnosis, a technique, in which, individuals as well as masses
in the society can be hypnotised.
"Anyone, under the impression of Ericksonian Hypnosis,
loses his prudent wisdom and only works according to the
directions of the hypnotist," the petition adds.
Members of the Sanatan Sanstha have been convicted for
their role in blasts at theatres and cinema halls in Thane and
Panvel in 2008.
In September, the Maharashtra government had requested
the Central government to include Sanatan Sanstha in the
category of banned terrorist organisations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?