Pilgrims complete 20-km long ritual march
Nashik: Pilgrims completed a 20-km long ritual march, going around the Bramhagiri mountain at Trimbakeshwar, chanting "Bam Bam Bhole", on the occasion of the third Shrawani Somawar, or the third Monday of the Shrawan month, as per the Marathi calendar here on Monday.
Enthusiastic pilgrims braved rains, slippery and muddy roads to reach Trimbakeshwar, which houses one of the jyotirlingas, to take a holy dip in the sacred pood of `Kushavarta Tirth` before they began their 20-km march or `pradakshina`.
The Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation`s Nashik Division plied more than 400 special buses since Sunday afternoon to carry pilgrims, though several others reached the spot in private vehicles.
The rural police deployed extra police forces and also kept a tight vigil aided by installing CCTV cameras, police sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know