Pilot, brother arrested for assaulting CISF jawan
Mumbai: A Jet Airways pilot and his brother
were on Thursday arrested for allegedly assaulting a CISF jawan
deployed at the Mumbai International airport following an
argument over parking of their vehicle, police said.
Jet Airways pilot Zahir Abbas Killegar (28) and his
brother Tauseef Ahmed Killegar (29) had a brawl at 12.30 am
with Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) jawan when the
latter objected for parking of the accused`s vehicle near
Departure Gate A, said Dilip Patil, Senior Inspector at Sahar
Airport Police Station.
"The two were on their way to a private tour to Canada.
They appeared to be getting late. As the two assaulted the
CISF jawan following a heated argument, they were brought to
the police station by the CISF following which they were
apprehended," Patil said.
The duo were booked under the IPC sections 353 (Assault
or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of
his duty), 332 (Voluntarily causing hurt to deter public
servant from his duty) and 34 (Acts done by several persons in
furtherance of common intention), he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- England vs Pakistan: 2nd Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Erdogan says EU `biased and prejudiced` towards Turkey after coup bid
- Jailed Venezuelan opposition leader appeals sentence
- Cambodia blocking ASEAN consensus on South China Sea: Diplomat
- Turkey can hold suspects without charge for up to 30 days