Pilot, brother arrested for assaulting CISF jawan
Mumbai: A Jet Airways pilot and his brother
were on Thursday arrested for allegedly assaulting a CISF jawan
deployed at the Mumbai International airport following an
argument over parking of their vehicle, police said.
Jet Airways pilot Zahir Abbas Killegar (28) and his
brother Tauseef Ahmed Killegar (29) had a brawl at 12.30 am
with Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) jawan when the
latter objected for parking of the accused`s vehicle near
Departure Gate A, said Dilip Patil, Senior Inspector at Sahar
Airport Police Station.
"The two were on their way to a private tour to Canada.
They appeared to be getting late. As the two assaulted the
CISF jawan following a heated argument, they were brought to
the police station by the CISF following which they were
apprehended," Patil said.
The duo were booked under the IPC sections 353 (Assault
or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of
his duty), 332 (Voluntarily causing hurt to deter public
servant from his duty) and 34 (Acts done by several persons in
furtherance of common intention), he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand