Pilot, brother arrested for assaulting CISF jawan
Mumbai: A Jet Airways pilot and his brother
were on Thursday arrested for allegedly assaulting a CISF jawan
deployed at the Mumbai International airport following an
argument over parking of their vehicle, police said.
Jet Airways pilot Zahir Abbas Killegar (28) and his
brother Tauseef Ahmed Killegar (29) had a brawl at 12.30 am
with Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) jawan when the
latter objected for parking of the accused`s vehicle near
Departure Gate A, said Dilip Patil, Senior Inspector at Sahar
Airport Police Station.
"The two were on their way to a private tour to Canada.
They appeared to be getting late. As the two assaulted the
CISF jawan following a heated argument, they were brought to
the police station by the CISF following which they were
apprehended," Patil said.
The duo were booked under the IPC sections 353 (Assault
or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of
his duty), 332 (Voluntarily causing hurt to deter public
servant from his duty) and 34 (Acts done by several persons in
furtherance of common intention), he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Google rolls out Android Nougat, Nexus phones to get it first
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts
- Pfizer boosts cancer drug roster with $14 billion Medivation deal