Pilot, brother arrested for assaulting CISF jawan
Mumbai: A Jet Airways pilot and his brother
were on Thursday arrested for allegedly assaulting a CISF jawan
deployed at the Mumbai International airport following an
argument over parking of their vehicle, police said.
Jet Airways pilot Zahir Abbas Killegar (28) and his
brother Tauseef Ahmed Killegar (29) had a brawl at 12.30 am
with Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) jawan when the
latter objected for parking of the accused`s vehicle near
Departure Gate A, said Dilip Patil, Senior Inspector at Sahar
Airport Police Station.
"The two were on their way to a private tour to Canada.
They appeared to be getting late. As the two assaulted the
CISF jawan following a heated argument, they were brought to
the police station by the CISF following which they were
apprehended," Patil said.
The duo were booked under the IPC sections 353 (Assault
or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of
his duty), 332 (Voluntarily causing hurt to deter public
servant from his duty) and 34 (Acts done by several persons in
furtherance of common intention), he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad