Pilot, brother arrested for assaulting CISF jawan
Mumbai: A Jet Airways pilot and his brother
were on Thursday arrested for allegedly assaulting a CISF jawan
deployed at the Mumbai International airport following an
argument over parking of their vehicle, police said.
Jet Airways pilot Zahir Abbas Killegar (28) and his
brother Tauseef Ahmed Killegar (29) had a brawl at 12.30 am
with Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) jawan when the
latter objected for parking of the accused`s vehicle near
Departure Gate A, said Dilip Patil, Senior Inspector at Sahar
Airport Police Station.
"The two were on their way to a private tour to Canada.
They appeared to be getting late. As the two assaulted the
CISF jawan following a heated argument, they were brought to
the police station by the CISF following which they were
apprehended," Patil said.
The duo were booked under the IPC sections 353 (Assault
or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of
his duty), 332 (Voluntarily causing hurt to deter public
servant from his duty) and 34 (Acts done by several persons in
furtherance of common intention), he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence