Plan to bifurcate Thane district opposed
Thane: A city-based organisation has strongly opposed the proposal to carve out separate Palghar district from the present Thane district.
The organisation-- Shramajivi Sanghatana, which has been working for the upliftment of tribals in the district, has strongly opposed the proposed move.
In a statement issued here today, the general secretary of the Sanghatana Vijay Jadhav has asked the state government to desist from taking such a decision giving and threatened not to let the state rulers enter Thane district if they go ahead with the plan.
"If at all the state government is seriously concerned about the tribals in the district, then it should accept our demand of creating an exclusive district for the tribals in the state and locating its headquarters at Jawhar," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok