Plan to bifurcate Thane district opposed
Thane: A city-based organisation has strongly opposed the proposal to carve out separate Palghar district from the present Thane district.
The organisation-- Shramajivi Sanghatana, which has been working for the upliftment of tribals in the district, has strongly opposed the proposed move.
In a statement issued here today, the general secretary of the Sanghatana Vijay Jadhav has asked the state government to desist from taking such a decision giving and threatened not to let the state rulers enter Thane district if they go ahead with the plan.
"If at all the state government is seriously concerned about the tribals in the district, then it should accept our demand of creating an exclusive district for the tribals in the state and locating its headquarters at Jawhar," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!