Plan to bifurcate Thane district opposed
Thane: A city-based organisation has strongly opposed the proposal to carve out separate Palghar district from the present Thane district.
The organisation-- Shramajivi Sanghatana, which has been working for the upliftment of tribals in the district, has strongly opposed the proposed move.
In a statement issued here today, the general secretary of the Sanghatana Vijay Jadhav has asked the state government to desist from taking such a decision giving and threatened not to let the state rulers enter Thane district if they go ahead with the plan.
"If at all the state government is seriously concerned about the tribals in the district, then it should accept our demand of creating an exclusive district for the tribals in the state and locating its headquarters at Jawhar," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi