Plan to bifurcate Thane district opposed
Thane: A city-based organisation has strongly opposed the proposal to carve out separate Palghar district from the present Thane district.
The organisation-- Shramajivi Sanghatana, which has been working for the upliftment of tribals in the district, has strongly opposed the proposed move.
In a statement issued here today, the general secretary of the Sanghatana Vijay Jadhav has asked the state government to desist from taking such a decision giving and threatened not to let the state rulers enter Thane district if they go ahead with the plan.
"If at all the state government is seriously concerned about the tribals in the district, then it should accept our demand of creating an exclusive district for the tribals in the state and locating its headquarters at Jawhar," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics