Planning housing scheme for senior citizens
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government is
contemplating a housing scheme for senior citizens, to be
executed by Maharashtra Housing And Area Development Authority
(MHADA) in Mumbai and neighbouring satellite towns.
Minister of State for Housing, Sachin Ahir, said the
scheme will be a part of the proposed comprehensive policy for
welfare of senior citizens .
"Given the security concerns of senior citizens who live
alone, such housing complexes will help the local police to
keep a tab on the security," he said.
The scheme will be implemented after talks with groups
who work for the welfare of senior citizens.
MHADA constructs houses and sells them by conducting a
lottery. The houses for the senior citizens would be allotted
through the same system, on economic criteria.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan