Planning housing scheme for senior citizens
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government is
contemplating a housing scheme for senior citizens, to be
executed by Maharashtra Housing And Area Development Authority
(MHADA) in Mumbai and neighbouring satellite towns.
Minister of State for Housing, Sachin Ahir, said the
scheme will be a part of the proposed comprehensive policy for
welfare of senior citizens .
"Given the security concerns of senior citizens who live
alone, such housing complexes will help the local police to
keep a tab on the security," he said.
The scheme will be implemented after talks with groups
who work for the welfare of senior citizens.
MHADA constructs houses and sells them by conducting a
lottery. The houses for the senior citizens would be allotted
through the same system, on economic criteria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly