Planning housing scheme for senior citizens
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government is
contemplating a housing scheme for senior citizens, to be
executed by Maharashtra Housing And Area Development Authority
(MHADA) in Mumbai and neighbouring satellite towns.
Minister of State for Housing, Sachin Ahir, said the
scheme will be a part of the proposed comprehensive policy for
welfare of senior citizens .
"Given the security concerns of senior citizens who live
alone, such housing complexes will help the local police to
keep a tab on the security," he said.
The scheme will be implemented after talks with groups
who work for the welfare of senior citizens.
MHADA constructs houses and sells them by conducting a
lottery. The houses for the senior citizens would be allotted
through the same system, on economic criteria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed