Planning housing scheme for senior citizens
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government is
contemplating a housing scheme for senior citizens, to be
executed by Maharashtra Housing And Area Development Authority
(MHADA) in Mumbai and neighbouring satellite towns.
Minister of State for Housing, Sachin Ahir, said the
scheme will be a part of the proposed comprehensive policy for
welfare of senior citizens .
"Given the security concerns of senior citizens who live
alone, such housing complexes will help the local police to
keep a tab on the security," he said.
The scheme will be implemented after talks with groups
who work for the welfare of senior citizens.
MHADA constructs houses and sells them by conducting a
lottery. The houses for the senior citizens would be allotted
through the same system, on economic criteria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!