Planning housing scheme for senior citizens
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government is
contemplating a housing scheme for senior citizens, to be
executed by Maharashtra Housing And Area Development Authority
(MHADA) in Mumbai and neighbouring satellite towns.
Minister of State for Housing, Sachin Ahir, said the
scheme will be a part of the proposed comprehensive policy for
welfare of senior citizens .
"Given the security concerns of senior citizens who live
alone, such housing complexes will help the local police to
keep a tab on the security," he said.
The scheme will be implemented after talks with groups
who work for the welfare of senior citizens.
MHADA constructs houses and sells them by conducting a
lottery. The houses for the senior citizens would be allotted
through the same system, on economic criteria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof