Plea to cancel bail of doctor couple
Beed: District Health Department in Beed has filed a petition in a local court demanding cancellation of bail to Sudam and Saraswati Munde, the doctor couple from Parli tehsil in the district, charged with the death of a 30-year-old pregnant woman.
District civil surgeon Dr Gauri Rathod told a news agency on Wednesday that a petition for cancellation of bail to the doctor couple was submitted in Ambajogai court.
One Vijaymala Mahadev Pattekar, who worked as a sugarcane cutting labourer, died on May 18 due to hemorrhagic shock following second trimester abortion and heavy blood flow. The operation was conducted at the clinic run by Dr Sudam Munde and Dr Sarswati Munde in Parli tehsil.
Along with the doctor couple, woman`s husband Mahadev Pattekar had also been charged under Section 304 of the IPC, which amounts to culpable homicide not amounting to murder. But the doctor couple was granted bail in the case on May 19.
However, the petition seeks to cancel doctor couple`s bail, saying they were already facing a case under the Pre-conception and Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques (PCPNDT) Act. They had been booked after a foetus was found on their farm.
"The doctor couple is facing charges under the PCPNDT Act. The couple had later applied for a bail in that case. The court had warned the doctors not to indulge in any kind of medical malpractices. Despite that, the couple has been caught in a similar case again," Rathod said.
District Civil Surgeon Dr Gauri Rathod said after seeking cancellation of bail to the Mundes, they would now seek cancellation of registration of Dr Munde`s nursing home.
Ambajogai court has ordered the doctors to appear before court on 25 May, public prosecutor advocate Ashok Kulkarni said.
Maharashtra Government has instituted a CID inquiry into this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre