PM arrives in Mumbai; to attend High Court, IIT events
Mumbai: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived on Friday on a two-day visit, during which he will be the chief guest at the closing ceremony of sesquicentennial celebration of Bombay High Court, and deliver convocation address at Indian Institute of Technology here tomorrow.
The High Court function, to be held at National Centre for Performing Arts, will be attended by Chief Justice of India S H Kapadia, Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid, Attorney General G E Vahanavati, Goa Governor B V Wanchoo, and Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parikkar.
Later, the Prime Minister would deliver Golden Jubilee Convocation address at IIT-Bombay.
Governor Sankaranarayanan, Chavan and Union Minister for HRD Kapil Sibal would be present on the occasion.
Also, at the Golden Jubilee Convocation, the degree of `Doctor of Science, Honoris Causa` will be conferred upon industrialist and philanthropist Azim Premji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion