PM doesn`t seem honest about a probe into Adrash scam: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday charged that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh does not appear to be "honest" about conducting a fair probe into the Adarsh Housing scam in which union ministers are allegedly involved in blame-game levelling charges against their colleagues and officials.
"Two union ministers are levelling charges and counter-charges against each other (in the Adarsh scam). While Sushil Kumar Shinde is saying Vilasrao Deshmukh has done all this and is responsible while the latter is levelling charges against officials and also the then Chief Minister (Ashok Chavan)," BJP spokesperson Jagat Prakash Nadda said.
Nadda also referred to the graft case against Union Minister Virbhadra Singh, saying he had to resign under public pressure after charges were framed against him.
The party demanded that the Prime Minister order a serious probe to go deep into the whole issue.
"Both the union ministers should be sacked... We are not concerned about which agency probes this case. It is for the government to decide. The Prime Minister does not appear to be honest as far as conducting a serious investigation into the case is concerned," Nadda said.
He charged the UPA government is neck-deep in corruption and there is a chain of corrupt ministers.
"It is Congress which gave birth to corruption and it is now nurturing and growing it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?