PM Modi lays emphasis on urban development, vows to fight corruption
Zee Media Bureau
Nagpur: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who laid the foundation stone of the Metro rail project in Nagpur on Thursday, said that such projects these days have become the identity of the big cities and now Nagpur`s name will be added to the list of modern Indian cities.
I consider urbanisation as an opportunity, Modi said, adding that Nagpur needs this metro rail project. “Through this Nagpur will be able to contribute towards the development of the country.”
“Nagpur needs this Metro rail and our government has given importance to the project and people can soon avail it,” the PM said.
Saying that India is urbanising at an increasing pace, Modi questioned should we take this as a challenge or as an opportunity.
Modi while talking about the development also pointed out that in an era of expanding technology and facilities, it is the moral responsibility of the citizens to pay attention to environment conservation.
“Respecting nature is a part of our culture. We do not need to learn this from anyone,” the PM said.
On his pet topic of development, Modi highlighted that other smaller countries that attained independence after India have already scaled new heights and added that in the coming days importance will be given to urban development.
While touching on the topic of development, Modi also laid much emphasis on fighting corruption and said that the middle and lower middle classes have suffered a lot due to corruption in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Dredging of Brahmaputra soon to stop floods, erosion: Sonowal
- You may be ignoring these signs of a stroke! - Watch video
- Delhi schoolboy run over by van that dropped him home
- Will pursue agenda of political resolution, says Mehbooba Mufti
- Section 144 imposed in Agartala after clashes over separate tribal state, 20 injured