PM Modi lays emphasis on urban development, vows to fight corruption
Zee Media Bureau
Nagpur: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who laid the foundation stone of the Metro rail project in Nagpur on Thursday, said that such projects these days have become the identity of the big cities and now Nagpur`s name will be added to the list of modern Indian cities.
I consider urbanisation as an opportunity, Modi said, adding that Nagpur needs this metro rail project. “Through this Nagpur will be able to contribute towards the development of the country.”
“Nagpur needs this Metro rail and our government has given importance to the project and people can soon avail it,” the PM said.
Saying that India is urbanising at an increasing pace, Modi questioned should we take this as a challenge or as an opportunity.
Modi while talking about the development also pointed out that in an era of expanding technology and facilities, it is the moral responsibility of the citizens to pay attention to environment conservation.
“Respecting nature is a part of our culture. We do not need to learn this from anyone,” the PM said.
On his pet topic of development, Modi highlighted that other smaller countries that attained independence after India have already scaled new heights and added that in the coming days importance will be given to urban development.
While touching on the topic of development, Modi also laid much emphasis on fighting corruption and said that the middle and lower middle classes have suffered a lot due to corruption in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves