PM refuses comment on Adarsh Housing Society scam
On Board PM`s Special Aircraft: Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday refused to comment on the Adarsh
Housing Society scam and the offer by Maharashtra Chief
Minister Ashok Chavan to step down, saying he was not aware of
all the facts.
"I am not familiar with all facts of this case. I have
seen in newspapers," Singh told reporters while returning home
after his 7-day trip to Japan, Malaysia and Vietnam.
"When I go back I will find out the facts. Only then I
will be able to make any meaningful comment," he said.
The Prime Minister was responding to a question about
the Adarsh Housing Society scam in Mumbai and the offer by
Chavan to step down after reports emerged that three of his
family members were alloted flats in the society.
Earlier in the day, Chavan met Congress chief Sonia
Gandhi in New Delhi and offered to resign and that he has left
the decision to her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan