PM refuses comment on Adarsh Housing Society scam
On Board PM`s Special Aircraft: Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday refused to comment on the Adarsh
Housing Society scam and the offer by Maharashtra Chief
Minister Ashok Chavan to step down, saying he was not aware of
all the facts.
"I am not familiar with all facts of this case. I have
seen in newspapers," Singh told reporters while returning home
after his 7-day trip to Japan, Malaysia and Vietnam.
"When I go back I will find out the facts. Only then I
will be able to make any meaningful comment," he said.
The Prime Minister was responding to a question about
the Adarsh Housing Society scam in Mumbai and the offer by
Chavan to step down after reports emerged that three of his
family members were alloted flats in the society.
Earlier in the day, Chavan met Congress chief Sonia
Gandhi in New Delhi and offered to resign and that he has left
the decision to her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs