PM should adopt a ruthless stand on LoC killings: Gadkari
Pune: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Wednesday said the UPA government and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should adopt a "ruthless stand" on Pakistan`s recent ceasefire violations on the LoC and the killing and decapitation of Indian soldiers.
Stating that Pakistan had violated human rights and international norms, Gadkari said, "People of this country are angry and the government and Prime Minister should take a ruthless stand in the matter."
Gadkari, who spoke to reporters on the sidelines of a function organised by the Symbiosis Institute at its campus at Lavale, near here, said that it was expected that Pakistan would regret its action, but it did not happen as it continued to be in the denial mode.
He said the dialogue with Pakistan would be an exercise in futility after the recent episode.
Since Pakistan had violated international norms, the issue was not just confined to the two nations, Gadkari said adding that the UN should "boycott" Pakistan.
Earlier, addressing the students, the BJP president said if "good" people joined politics, it would enhance the "credibility" of the political parties and bring about a qualitative change in them.
Participating in the `Festival of Thinkers` programme, Gadkari said the bureaucratic and rigid mindset of the government should change to facilitate fast developmental process in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers