PM should sack Deshmukh if he doesn’t resign: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Thursday targeted Union
Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh for his alleged involvement in
illegal land allotment to a prominent movie producer and
demanded that he should be sacked if he does not step down
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman told reporters that
the CAG report which is yet to be tabled in Maharshtra
Assembly has reportedly indicted Deshmukh in a land allotment
case to "select NGOs" and a media baron. She said even the
Supreme Court has rebuked the minister.
"Deshmukh has no moral authority to continue in
office. He should step down immediately. If he does not
resign, then the Prime Minister should remove him," Sitharaman
said, adding that his continuance as a Cabinet Minister is in
no way justified after these reports.
Deshmukh, a former CM of Maharashtra, is
now the Union Minister of Science and Technology.
The BJP said Deshmukh should resign and then clear his
name in these scams. His name had earlier cropped up in the
Adarsh Housing Society scam as well.
According to reports, Deshmukh had favoured film-maker
and producer Subash Ghai by alloting him land allegedly at
throw-away prices for a film academy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report