PM should sack Deshmukh if he doesn’t resign: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Thursday targeted Union
Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh for his alleged involvement in
illegal land allotment to a prominent movie producer and
demanded that he should be sacked if he does not step down
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman told reporters that
the CAG report which is yet to be tabled in Maharshtra
Assembly has reportedly indicted Deshmukh in a land allotment
case to "select NGOs" and a media baron. She said even the
Supreme Court has rebuked the minister.
"Deshmukh has no moral authority to continue in
office. He should step down immediately. If he does not
resign, then the Prime Minister should remove him," Sitharaman
said, adding that his continuance as a Cabinet Minister is in
no way justified after these reports.
Deshmukh, a former CM of Maharashtra, is
now the Union Minister of Science and Technology.
The BJP said Deshmukh should resign and then clear his
name in these scams. His name had earlier cropped up in the
Adarsh Housing Society scam as well.
According to reports, Deshmukh had favoured film-maker
and producer Subash Ghai by alloting him land allegedly at
throw-away prices for a film academy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!