PM should sack Deshmukh if he doesn’t resign: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Thursday targeted Union
Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh for his alleged involvement in
illegal land allotment to a prominent movie producer and
demanded that he should be sacked if he does not step down
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman told reporters that
the CAG report which is yet to be tabled in Maharshtra
Assembly has reportedly indicted Deshmukh in a land allotment
case to "select NGOs" and a media baron. She said even the
Supreme Court has rebuked the minister.
"Deshmukh has no moral authority to continue in
office. He should step down immediately. If he does not
resign, then the Prime Minister should remove him," Sitharaman
said, adding that his continuance as a Cabinet Minister is in
no way justified after these reports.
Deshmukh, a former CM of Maharashtra, is
now the Union Minister of Science and Technology.
The BJP said Deshmukh should resign and then clear his
name in these scams. His name had earlier cropped up in the
Adarsh Housing Society scam as well.
According to reports, Deshmukh had favoured film-maker
and producer Subash Ghai by alloting him land allegedly at
throw-away prices for a film academy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda