Police allowed to question Khan, Tapuriah
Mumbai: The special Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PLMA) court on Friday granted permission to Worli police to question Pune-based businessman Hasan Ali Khan and his aide Kashinath Tapuriah in connection with the alleged fake passport obtained by Khan.
A case against Khan was registered in 2008 for allegedly acquiring a fake passport in 1998.
Khan and Tapuriah are presently in judicial custody after they were arrested for their alleged role in the money laundering case.
Special PMLA judge SS Joshi allowed Worli police to question the duo on June 19 and 21.
According to police, Khan recently said that it was Tapuriah who had organised the documents (for making fake passports) for him and one Kirti Kedia had collected Khan`s passport. The police told the court that they want to find out details about Kedia.
"We have been granted permission to question both of them in the jail. Tomorrow we will decide whether to get both of them face to face or not", said Vasant Tazane, senior inspector of Worli police station.
Meanwhile, the court adjourned the hearing on the bail application of Hasan Ali till Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you