Police allowed to question Khan, Tapuriah
Mumbai: The special Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PLMA) court on Friday granted permission to Worli police to question Pune-based businessman Hasan Ali Khan and his aide Kashinath Tapuriah in connection with the alleged fake passport obtained by Khan.
A case against Khan was registered in 2008 for allegedly acquiring a fake passport in 1998.
Khan and Tapuriah are presently in judicial custody after they were arrested for their alleged role in the money laundering case.
Special PMLA judge SS Joshi allowed Worli police to question the duo on June 19 and 21.
According to police, Khan recently said that it was Tapuriah who had organised the documents (for making fake passports) for him and one Kirti Kedia had collected Khan`s passport. The police told the court that they want to find out details about Kedia.
"We have been granted permission to question both of them in the jail. Tomorrow we will decide whether to get both of them face to face or not", said Vasant Tazane, senior inspector of Worli police station.
Meanwhile, the court adjourned the hearing on the bail application of Hasan Ali till Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!