Police allowed to question Khan, Tapuriah
Mumbai: The special Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PLMA) court on Friday granted permission to Worli police to question Pune-based businessman Hasan Ali Khan and his aide Kashinath Tapuriah in connection with the alleged fake passport obtained by Khan.
A case against Khan was registered in 2008 for allegedly acquiring a fake passport in 1998.
Khan and Tapuriah are presently in judicial custody after they were arrested for their alleged role in the money laundering case.
Special PMLA judge SS Joshi allowed Worli police to question the duo on June 19 and 21.
According to police, Khan recently said that it was Tapuriah who had organised the documents (for making fake passports) for him and one Kirti Kedia had collected Khan`s passport. The police told the court that they want to find out details about Kedia.
"We have been granted permission to question both of them in the jail. Tomorrow we will decide whether to get both of them face to face or not", said Vasant Tazane, senior inspector of Worli police station.
Meanwhile, the court adjourned the hearing on the bail application of Hasan Ali till Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands