Police arrest 2 civic engineers in Thane building crash case
Thane: Two engineers of Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC) were today arrested in connection with last week`s building collapse here, taking the number of those taken into custody for the tragedy to 13.
Executive Engineer Subash Rawal and Deputy Engineer Ramesh Inamdar were arrested in connection with the building crash in which 74 people were killed, a Crime Branch officer told reporters here.
He did not elaborate on their alleged role in the incident.
The seven-storey illegal building at Shil-Phata in Mumbra town came down crashing on Thursday last.
Builders Abdul Salim Aziz Siddiqui and Jameel Ahmad Jajaluddin Shaikh, who constructed the structure, are among those arrested. They face the charge of culpable homicide not amounting to murder and criminal conspiracy, among others.
Three officials of TMC, one of them a Deputy Municipal Commissioner, an architect, Corporator Hira Patil, a building material supplier and a local journalist, are among those arrested earlier.
After investigations and interrogation of the arrested accused, more persons are likely to be rounded up, the police officer said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today