Police arrests four; claims to solve youth`s murder
Thane: With the arrest of four people from Manisha Nagar in the city, police on Thursday claimed to have solved a youth`s murder in Nallasopara in Thane last month.
Acting on a tip-off that a gang of dacoits had planned to reach Kalwa to loot a jewellery shop called Mahadik Jewellers, the crime branch laid a trap on Tuesday late evening and spotted the five people coming to execute the dacoity, Thane police DCP (Crime) V B Chandanshive told.
The police nabbed four of the gang members while the fifth member called `Munna` escaped taking advantage of the darkness, the police said, adding that a chopper, knife, chilli powder, a toy gun, nylon ropes and adhesive tapes were seized from the gang.
Police identified those arrested as Jaffar Ali Vilayat Ali Mir (25), Sanju Mariappa Mistry (26), Imran Nisaruddin Shaikh (25), all from Santacruz, and also Ibrahim Khwaja Khan (21) of Khar.
According to the police the accused were on the run after brutally killing Saif Ali Mansoori (28) on May 15, 2014, at Nallasopara.
They have been charged under Section 302 read with Section 34 of the Indian Penal Code by the Nallasopara police, the police said.
The Thane police have registered offences under Section 399 and Section 402 of the Indian Penal Code, besides Section 4 and Section 27 of the Arms Act and Section 37(1) and Section 135 of the Bombay Police Act, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid