Police Commissioner seeks list of "delinquent" Mumbai cops
Mumbai: City Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik has instructed, through a circular, in-charges of all the police stations to prepare a list of "delinquent" cops and update the data of wanted hardcore criminals in their jurisdictions.
The list of delinquent cops was needed to reform them or take action against them if they do not change their behavior over a period of time, while updated list of criminals was required to know the current crime status in each police station jurisdiction, police said.
Delinquent or errant cops include anyone from the force
who is found to have been indulging in drinking, womanising or
having links with criminals or anti-social elements, habitual
absenteeism etc, said Deputy Police Commissioner Rajkumar
"These lists will be with the Senior Inspector of every
police station. Whenever any senior official visits the
station, he would have a look at the lists," he added.
The Commissioner wanted to know how many errant policemen
were there and how they could be reformed, he said.
"The move instructing to prepare such list is to bring
more and more discipline in the force. With this, the errant
policemen would not commit any act that would damage their
image repeatedly as they are already under scanner," he said.
Whereas, the list of hardcore criminal at various police
stations was outdated because of which it was instructed to
be updated, said Vhatkar.
"In many police stations we could see the list of
criminals, who had either died, or were not in that
jurisdiction. Besides, new criminals have also surfaced," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today