Police Commissioner seeks list of "delinquent" Mumbai cops
Mumbai: City Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik has instructed, through a circular, in-charges of all the police stations to prepare a list of "delinquent" cops and update the data of wanted hardcore criminals in their jurisdictions.
The list of delinquent cops was needed to reform them or take action against them if they do not change their behavior over a period of time, while updated list of criminals was required to know the current crime status in each police station jurisdiction, police said.
Delinquent or errant cops include anyone from the force
who is found to have been indulging in drinking, womanising or
having links with criminals or anti-social elements, habitual
absenteeism etc, said Deputy Police Commissioner Rajkumar
"These lists will be with the Senior Inspector of every
police station. Whenever any senior official visits the
station, he would have a look at the lists," he added.
The Commissioner wanted to know how many errant policemen
were there and how they could be reformed, he said.
"The move instructing to prepare such list is to bring
more and more discipline in the force. With this, the errant
policemen would not commit any act that would damage their
image repeatedly as they are already under scanner," he said.
Whereas, the list of hardcore criminal at various police
stations was outdated because of which it was instructed to
be updated, said Vhatkar.
"In many police stations we could see the list of
criminals, who had either died, or were not in that
jurisdiction. Besides, new criminals have also surfaced," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah