Police Commissioner seeks list of "delinquent" Mumbai cops
Mumbai: City Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik has instructed, through a circular, in-charges of all the police stations to prepare a list of "delinquent" cops and update the data of wanted hardcore criminals in their jurisdictions.
The list of delinquent cops was needed to reform them or take action against them if they do not change their behavior over a period of time, while updated list of criminals was required to know the current crime status in each police station jurisdiction, police said.
Delinquent or errant cops include anyone from the force
who is found to have been indulging in drinking, womanising or
having links with criminals or anti-social elements, habitual
absenteeism etc, said Deputy Police Commissioner Rajkumar
"These lists will be with the Senior Inspector of every
police station. Whenever any senior official visits the
station, he would have a look at the lists," he added.
The Commissioner wanted to know how many errant policemen
were there and how they could be reformed, he said.
"The move instructing to prepare such list is to bring
more and more discipline in the force. With this, the errant
policemen would not commit any act that would damage their
image repeatedly as they are already under scanner," he said.
Whereas, the list of hardcore criminal at various police
stations was outdated because of which it was instructed to
be updated, said Vhatkar.
"In many police stations we could see the list of
criminals, who had either died, or were not in that
jurisdiction. Besides, new criminals have also surfaced," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days