Police Commissioner seeks list of "delinquent" Mumbai cops
Mumbai: City Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik has instructed, through a circular, in-charges of all the police stations to prepare a list of "delinquent" cops and update the data of wanted hardcore criminals in their jurisdictions.
The list of delinquent cops was needed to reform them or take action against them if they do not change their behavior over a period of time, while updated list of criminals was required to know the current crime status in each police station jurisdiction, police said.
Delinquent or errant cops include anyone from the force
who is found to have been indulging in drinking, womanising or
having links with criminals or anti-social elements, habitual
absenteeism etc, said Deputy Police Commissioner Rajkumar
"These lists will be with the Senior Inspector of every
police station. Whenever any senior official visits the
station, he would have a look at the lists," he added.
The Commissioner wanted to know how many errant policemen
were there and how they could be reformed, he said.
"The move instructing to prepare such list is to bring
more and more discipline in the force. With this, the errant
policemen would not commit any act that would damage their
image repeatedly as they are already under scanner," he said.
Whereas, the list of hardcore criminal at various police
stations was outdated because of which it was instructed to
be updated, said Vhatkar.
"In many police stations we could see the list of
criminals, who had either died, or were not in that
jurisdiction. Besides, new criminals have also surfaced," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country