Police constable arrested for demanding bribe in Thane
Thane: The Thane unit of Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) has registered a case against three persons including a police constable from Ulhasnagar police station for allegedly demanding bribe from a scrap vendor.
Inspector Ujwal Vaidya of ACB said on Saturday that the accused had threatened to frame up the vendor in a false case of theft.
While police constable Vikas V Munde demanded Rs 1,000 for not taking action against him, Dharmaraj Yadav alias Taklu demanded Rs 10,000 on behalf of sub-inspector VS Padir.
ACB laid a trap and arrested constable Munde. Case has been also filed against Yadav and Padir, but they were yet to be arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands