Police constable dies as colleague fires accidentally
Mumbai: A police constable died after his
colleague accidentally fired a bullet that hit him in suburban
Bandra on Wednesday, police said.
Shyamrao Padvi, associated with Quick Response Team (QRT)
of Mumbai police, was standing in the premises of West Control
Room when the incident occurred this afternoon.
According to police, Padvi, a driver of a police vehicle,
was at the Control Room when QRT constable Shekhar Dighe was
cleaning his revolver and accidentally fired one bullet.
The bullet hit Padvi between his neck and shoulder,
injuring him seriously, said Prakash George, Senior Inspector
at Bandra Police Station.
Padvi was immediately rushed to civic-run Bhabha Hospital
where he was declared dead, he said.
Dighe was arrested on charges of causing death of a
person by negligence, he said, adding further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Al Qaeda and Syria branch split up
- Chidambaram rejects FM Jaitley's remarks over inflation
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Traffic nightmare in Gurgaon; waterlogging on NH8 hits Delhi-Jaipur route, schools shut
- India's doping shame: 687 athletes banned since 2009 as per NADA records