Police constable dies as colleague fires accidentally
Mumbai: A police constable died after his
colleague accidentally fired a bullet that hit him in suburban
Bandra on Wednesday, police said.
Shyamrao Padvi, associated with Quick Response Team (QRT)
of Mumbai police, was standing in the premises of West Control
Room when the incident occurred this afternoon.
According to police, Padvi, a driver of a police vehicle,
was at the Control Room when QRT constable Shekhar Dighe was
cleaning his revolver and accidentally fired one bullet.
The bullet hit Padvi between his neck and shoulder,
injuring him seriously, said Prakash George, Senior Inspector
at Bandra Police Station.
Padvi was immediately rushed to civic-run Bhabha Hospital
where he was declared dead, he said.
Dighe was arrested on charges of causing death of a
person by negligence, he said, adding further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"