Police constable dies as colleague fires accidentally
Mumbai: A police constable died after his
colleague accidentally fired a bullet that hit him in suburban
Bandra on Wednesday, police said.
Shyamrao Padvi, associated with Quick Response Team (QRT)
of Mumbai police, was standing in the premises of West Control
Room when the incident occurred this afternoon.
According to police, Padvi, a driver of a police vehicle,
was at the Control Room when QRT constable Shekhar Dighe was
cleaning his revolver and accidentally fired one bullet.
The bullet hit Padvi between his neck and shoulder,
injuring him seriously, said Prakash George, Senior Inspector
at Bandra Police Station.
Padvi was immediately rushed to civic-run Bhabha Hospital
where he was declared dead, he said.
Dighe was arrested on charges of causing death of a
person by negligence, he said, adding further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations