Police constable dies as colleague fires accidentally
Mumbai: A police constable died after his
colleague accidentally fired a bullet that hit him in suburban
Bandra on Wednesday, police said.
Shyamrao Padvi, associated with Quick Response Team (QRT)
of Mumbai police, was standing in the premises of West Control
Room when the incident occurred this afternoon.
According to police, Padvi, a driver of a police vehicle,
was at the Control Room when QRT constable Shekhar Dighe was
cleaning his revolver and accidentally fired one bullet.
The bullet hit Padvi between his neck and shoulder,
injuring him seriously, said Prakash George, Senior Inspector
at Bandra Police Station.
Padvi was immediately rushed to civic-run Bhabha Hospital
where he was declared dead, he said.
Dighe was arrested on charges of causing death of a
person by negligence, he said, adding further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Top 10 stocks to be on radar post Brexit
- India's forex reserves adequate to tackle Brexit impact: RBI
- Wimbledon: Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna face-off likely in pre-quarters
- Pak envoy Abdul Basit unfazed by LeT attack in J&K's Pampore, says 'let's enjoy Iftar party'
- Euro 2016: Italy`s Antonio Candreva to miss pre-quarters clash with Spain