Police constable dies as colleague fires accidentally
Mumbai: A police constable died after his
colleague accidentally fired a bullet that hit him in suburban
Bandra on Wednesday, police said.
Shyamrao Padvi, associated with Quick Response Team (QRT)
of Mumbai police, was standing in the premises of West Control
Room when the incident occurred this afternoon.
According to police, Padvi, a driver of a police vehicle,
was at the Control Room when QRT constable Shekhar Dighe was
cleaning his revolver and accidentally fired one bullet.
The bullet hit Padvi between his neck and shoulder,
injuring him seriously, said Prakash George, Senior Inspector
at Bandra Police Station.
Padvi was immediately rushed to civic-run Bhabha Hospital
where he was declared dead, he said.
Dighe was arrested on charges of causing death of a
person by negligence, he said, adding further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire