Police constable found murdered in Mumbai
Thane: A police constable and a youth were found murdered in Wada tehsil of the district, police said on Wednesday.
Constable Anil Babar (34), attached to Ganeshpuri police station, and one Nayan Patel (21) were found dead in Khanivali village on October 28, said police inspector S N Dhumal attached to Wada police station.
Though police initially registered a case of accidental death, they later converted it to murder under section 302 of IPC on the basis of postmortem reports, he said, adding a search is on to trace the killers.
According to police, deceased Patel was having a love affair with a girl which might have led to the killings.
No arrests have been made yet and investigations are on, added Dhumal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing