Police exchanges fire with Maoists in Gadchiroli, finds arms at the spot
Gadchiroli: Police seized a cache of arms after an exchange of fire took place between them and the Maoists in the forests of Kharkadi village in Dhanora taluka.
The exchange of fire took place last evening. No casualties were reported from either side, though the police recovered some arms from the spot.
According to police, Central Reserve Police Force troops and the district police were on an anti-Maoist mission in the forests of Kharkadi village when they sighted a Maoist camp.
On sighting the police, the Maoists opened fire at them and the policemen retaliated, resulting in an exchange which lasted for about 20 minutes.
However due to growing pressure from the police, the Maoists fled the spot under the cover of the forest.
The police found one claymore mine, a wire bundle, a handmade bomb, 125 rounds, 35 pencil cells, a radio, a tent and some other material from the spot.
Combing operations in the area have been intensified, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre