Police exchanges fire with Maoists in Gadchiroli, finds arms at the spot
Gadchiroli: Police seized a cache of arms after an exchange of fire took place between them and the Maoists in the forests of Kharkadi village in Dhanora taluka.
The exchange of fire took place last evening. No casualties were reported from either side, though the police recovered some arms from the spot.
According to police, Central Reserve Police Force troops and the district police were on an anti-Maoist mission in the forests of Kharkadi village when they sighted a Maoist camp.
On sighting the police, the Maoists opened fire at them and the policemen retaliated, resulting in an exchange which lasted for about 20 minutes.
However due to growing pressure from the police, the Maoists fled the spot under the cover of the forest.
The police found one claymore mine, a wire bundle, a handmade bomb, 125 rounds, 35 pencil cells, a radio, a tent and some other material from the spot.
Combing operations in the area have been intensified, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas