Police file case against captain of Korean vessel
Mumbai: The Mumbai police have registered a
case against the captain of the Korean vessel in which
explosion took place on Saturday at the Bombay Port Trust
injuring seven persons.
The captain has been charged with culpable homicide not
amounting to murder.
The police said that they have registered a case against
the captain of the 9,500 DWT chemical tanker Royal Diamond 7,
the chief officer and others.
"The Captain and the chief officer are shown as wanted",
said an official.
On Saturday at 11.25 am, tanker Royal Diamond 7 reported
to the Mumbai port`s vessel traffic system/ control station
when the explosion occurred.
The police said that the case of culpable homicide not
amounting to murder was registered because the accused did not
inform the crew members about the chemical in the tanker
nor any security measures were taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof