Police file case against captain of Korean vessel
Mumbai: The Mumbai police have registered a
case against the captain of the Korean vessel in which
explosion took place on Saturday at the Bombay Port Trust
injuring seven persons.
The captain has been charged with culpable homicide not
amounting to murder.
The police said that they have registered a case against
the captain of the 9,500 DWT chemical tanker Royal Diamond 7,
the chief officer and others.
"The Captain and the chief officer are shown as wanted",
said an official.
On Saturday at 11.25 am, tanker Royal Diamond 7 reported
to the Mumbai port`s vessel traffic system/ control station
when the explosion occurred.
The police said that the case of culpable homicide not
amounting to murder was registered because the accused did not
inform the crew members about the chemical in the tanker
nor any security measures were taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister