Police files charge sheet in Spanish woman rape case
Mumbai: Mumbai Police on Thursday filed charge sheet in connection with the alleged rape of 27-year-old Spanish musician in the city in November last year.
"We have filed a charge sheet against Mohammed Badshah alias Mohammed Ismail Ansari in Bandra court," said Prathap Dighavkar, Deputy Commissioner of Police here.
However, he refused to divulge any further details.
According to sources, Bandra Police have filed a 210-page charge sheet and have included statement of 33 witnesses in the case.
The charge sheet also contains forensic reports, police said adding that the semen samples found on victim`s clothes matched with that of the accused.
Ansari is facing charges of forcible entry into the flat of the victim, a 27-year-old musician, and allegedly raping her after robbing her at knife point.
He was arrested on November 6.A day later he was produced in the court and the police had sought his judicial custody saying that they want to conduct his identification parade.
Ansari has been booked for various offences including IPC sections 452 (house trespass), 392 (robbery), 376 (rape), 377 (unnatural sex) and 506 (criminal intimidation).
The victim was staying as a tenant in a flat on the third floor of a building at Perry Cross Road in upscale suburban Bandra. Ansari entered her flat through a window and at knife point allegedly robbed and raped her.
Earlier, Ansari had been arrested on October 27 last year in another case of robbery at the residence of actor Dino Morea.
He was picked up from his residence in Reay Road in this case and was later arrested. However, he was released on bail, following which he again took to crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video