Police files charge sheet in Spanish woman rape case
Mumbai: Mumbai Police on Thursday filed charge sheet in connection with the alleged rape of 27-year-old Spanish musician in the city in November last year.
"We have filed a charge sheet against Mohammed Badshah alias Mohammed Ismail Ansari in Bandra court," said Prathap Dighavkar, Deputy Commissioner of Police here.
However, he refused to divulge any further details.
According to sources, Bandra Police have filed a 210-page charge sheet and have included statement of 33 witnesses in the case.
The charge sheet also contains forensic reports, police said adding that the semen samples found on victim`s clothes matched with that of the accused.
Ansari is facing charges of forcible entry into the flat of the victim, a 27-year-old musician, and allegedly raping her after robbing her at knife point.
He was arrested on November 6.A day later he was produced in the court and the police had sought his judicial custody saying that they want to conduct his identification parade.
Ansari has been booked for various offences including IPC sections 452 (house trespass), 392 (robbery), 376 (rape), 377 (unnatural sex) and 506 (criminal intimidation).
The victim was staying as a tenant in a flat on the third floor of a building at Perry Cross Road in upscale suburban Bandra. Ansari entered her flat through a window and at knife point allegedly robbed and raped her.
Earlier, Ansari had been arrested on October 27 last year in another case of robbery at the residence of actor Dino Morea.
He was picked up from his residence in Reay Road in this case and was later arrested. However, he was released on bail, following which he again took to crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH