Mumbai: An FIR was registered today against
unidentified persons in connection with the chlorine gas leak
at Mumbai Port Trust in which over 100 people fell sick.
"We have registered an FIR against unidentified persons
(in the gas leakage case) at Sewri police station and started
probing the matter," DCP Khalid Kaisar said.
"When the cylinders were brought here to the Port Trust,
who imported them and why they were lying since over ten
decades will be among the various things the police would
look into it," he said.
The DCP said the Port Trust has been guarding the
cylinders and as of now the police are not holding the Port
Trust responsible for the incident.
At least 103 people fell sick early this morning when
they inhaled chlorine gas which leaked from one of the
imported cylinders in Bombay Port Trust`s (BPT) Hay Bandar
premises for 13 years.
The condition of eight persons, admitted in JJ hospital,
is said to be critical.