Police modernisation discussed after blasts
Mumbai: An all-party meeting, chaired by
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Friday discussed
ways to modernise police force in the state in the wake of
serial blasts in Mumbai on Wednesday.
Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, Home Minister RR
Patil, Leader of Opposition in Assembly Eknath Khadse, MNS
leader Bala Nandgaonkar and Eknath Shinde of Shiv Sena were
among those present at the meeting held at government`s
Sahyadri guest house here.
Stating that there was a sense of fear among people
after the blasts, Khadse demanded that a combing operation
should be carried out to flush out people living illegally.
There is no need to politicise the issue of blasts
and the opposition would support the government in its efforts
to tackle terror menace, Khadse said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday