Police modernisation discussed after blasts
Mumbai: An all-party meeting, chaired by
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Friday discussed
ways to modernise police force in the state in the wake of
serial blasts in Mumbai on Wednesday.
Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, Home Minister RR
Patil, Leader of Opposition in Assembly Eknath Khadse, MNS
leader Bala Nandgaonkar and Eknath Shinde of Shiv Sena were
among those present at the meeting held at government`s
Sahyadri guest house here.
Stating that there was a sense of fear among people
after the blasts, Khadse demanded that a combing operation
should be carried out to flush out people living illegally.
There is no need to politicise the issue of blasts
and the opposition would support the government in its efforts
to tackle terror menace, Khadse said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery