Police modernisation discussed after blasts
Mumbai: An all-party meeting, chaired by
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Friday discussed
ways to modernise police force in the state in the wake of
serial blasts in Mumbai on Wednesday.
Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, Home Minister RR
Patil, Leader of Opposition in Assembly Eknath Khadse, MNS
leader Bala Nandgaonkar and Eknath Shinde of Shiv Sena were
among those present at the meeting held at government`s
Sahyadri guest house here.
Stating that there was a sense of fear among people
after the blasts, Khadse demanded that a combing operation
should be carried out to flush out people living illegally.
There is no need to politicise the issue of blasts
and the opposition would support the government in its efforts
to tackle terror menace, Khadse said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot