Police officer injured in attack at Thane town
Thane: A police officer was allegedly injured in an attack by a group of persons in the powerloom town of Bhiwandi around midnight, police said on Sunday.
A team of around 20 police personnel from the Kasarwadavali and Kapurbawdi police stations had gone late last night to the Pirani Pada area in Bhiwandi to nab a criminal wanted in a case of chain-snatching, Shanti Nagar police sub-inspector G S Pore said.
During the combing operation, police team spotted two criminals wanted in the cases registered with the Vartak Nagar police station in Thane city.
While the police tried to nab them, the duo attacked Vartak Nagar police station sub-inspector Abhijit A Bhujbal with a knife, police said.
Offences under sections 353 and 332 of the IPC have been registered against four persons including two women in connection with the attack, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack