Police officer injured in attack at Thane town
Thane: A police officer was allegedly injured in an attack by a group of persons in the powerloom town of Bhiwandi around midnight, police said on Sunday.
A team of around 20 police personnel from the Kasarwadavali and Kapurbawdi police stations had gone late last night to the Pirani Pada area in Bhiwandi to nab a criminal wanted in a case of chain-snatching, Shanti Nagar police sub-inspector G S Pore said.
During the combing operation, police team spotted two criminals wanted in the cases registered with the Vartak Nagar police station in Thane city.
While the police tried to nab them, the duo attacked Vartak Nagar police station sub-inspector Abhijit A Bhujbal with a knife, police said.
Offences under sections 353 and 332 of the IPC have been registered against four persons including two women in connection with the attack, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!