Police officer injured in attack at Thane town
Thane: A police officer was allegedly injured in an attack by a group of persons in the powerloom town of Bhiwandi around midnight, police said on Sunday.
A team of around 20 police personnel from the Kasarwadavali and Kapurbawdi police stations had gone late last night to the Pirani Pada area in Bhiwandi to nab a criminal wanted in a case of chain-snatching, Shanti Nagar police sub-inspector G S Pore said.
During the combing operation, police team spotted two criminals wanted in the cases registered with the Vartak Nagar police station in Thane city.
While the police tried to nab them, the duo attacked Vartak Nagar police station sub-inspector Abhijit A Bhujbal with a knife, police said.
Offences under sections 353 and 332 of the IPC have been registered against four persons including two women in connection with the attack, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says